Saturday 19 November 2011

Final(?) Landscape No.2: Islands at Sea

For my previous set of thumbnails, after reading through my extract from 'She' once again, I noticed that there was a whole lot of emphasis on columns and jungle wildlife. Sentences which involved the description of a various bodies of water also intrigued me: 
"-and surrounded by a great moat about sixty feet in width, some reaches of which were still filled with water."
"-the slopes of the mountain that had once formed the shores of the volcanic lake."

This lead me to create the concept of pillars of the jungle land itself rising up from a vast ocean--I sized it up from moats and lakes as I'm also looking at 'epic' scale.

This turned out to be a great idea for a final piece, I thought.

For my presentation, I plan to make this series of progression pictures an automatic slide-show playing along with these:


After finishing this (perhaps) final piece, I felt unhappy with the small resolution of my previous Crypts of Kor picture and have decided to attempt to redo it entirely.












No comments:

Post a Comment